Ideas to make the random generation aspects of the game more interesting

General SCP Unity related discussions and topics. Anything related to the game is allowed to be posted.
Zornor90

Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:30 pm

Hey guys, recently patreon had a poll where we discussed whether to make the game fully linear or keep randomized zones. It looks like the majority want to keep the game randomized, so I'm wondering if people have thoughts regarding what they'd like to see in terms of interesting changes on different playthroughs

Some ideas I've heard so far:
  • NPCs might have slightly different behavior
    The regions certain roaming NPCs are in change
    (Of course) Items and rooms would be randomized
jojack1234

Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:36 am

Random events and maybe new npc such:
  • new npc's ranging from hostile to other
  • events like npc's being chased
  • certain rooms/hallways are changed by events and by other
  • depending on the zone have blood writing on walls ranging from tips to tricks
  • for certain chambers/special room have more then one version maybe 3?(where things are placed and where you can walk)
  • allow the map to be more vertical ex: Latters, hatches, and maybe vent travel
  • random kits on the wall that may or may not have been looted
  • dead bodies that might have items
  • trap dead bodies set by scp or others
  • hidden passages tht you need cetain items to see
  • more dynamic scp movement and allowing it to affect tthe room
  • chance to see chamber/zone lock scp roam the halls ex: A smaller 939 with voice lines
  • Chamber quality from highly damaged to normal
  • if the facility is being invade, have some hallways with dead soldiers of either sides with bullet holes, scorch marks and holes on the floor and walls
This is all i got for now but if this is not the type of suggestion you wanted just tell me and i can modify it.
Last edited by jojack1234 on Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jojack1234

Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:40 am

Also randomly generated passages that you new items to see.
Ex: Put on 3d glass to see a faint/blurred outline of hidden door and you need to avoid the monster and use a keycard to open it(could make items tht needs to be upgrade together to make a proper mtf version and a doc explaining the gear)
jojack1234

Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:05 pm

Another thing you can do to make generation more interesting is make hallways where the pipe burst so it leaks non lethal or lethal gas tht causes heavy fog which makes it hard to see.(leaks could be stopped by turning on ventilation maybe?)
jojack1234

Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:46 pm

i just wanna say im hyped that this got in
"chance to see chamber/zone lock scp roam the halls ex: A smaller 939 with voice lines"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic