SCP-895 - New Containment Chamber

Help SCP Unity by posting sound files, design concepts, or anything else you would like to show the development team.
Bach

Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:43 pm

Hey, Zornor (or whoever reads this). More than a year ago I asked if you're interested in using this room I modeled. The file's still on my PC and I'm curious if you're still interested.

If you accept I'd still have to check the poly-count, triangles and stuff like that.

I also want to talk about ideas for this game in general, so I'll be waiting for an answer.
Lugenstein

Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:07 pm

https://gyazo.com/3b38a4753164b74468117c0b58ae3a10

Good Replica, the corner and right door is a little smaller then it is in the photo but otherwise it's decent.
Bach

Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:44 pm

Thanks! Yeah, I'd like to polish more if it gets accepted.
General
Mobile Task Force

Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:08 am

Oh I remember seeing this before, I think it looks really cool. When we'll get started on 895 we may use your chamber
Grimm
Level 5 Personnel

Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:40 pm

I remember being in favor of our using it. To be fair tho, we are no where close to the HCZ rn. I also don’t quite see this fitting in the map generation system, unless we added stairs leading in to it
"Thou shalt see...Knight Artoriascame to stopthe Abyss,but such a hero has nary a murmur ofDark.Without doubt he will be swallowed bythe Abyss,overcome by its utterblackness
Bach

Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:39 am

Nice! In the mean time I could also work on other rooms or props.
Grimm
Level 5 Personnel

Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:16 am

The team isn’t excepting modeling help anymore. We feel like it’ll help maintain quality and keep our aesthetic the same throughout. That’s not to say, however, you shouldn’t model rooms and props. It’s very useful practice and the models could potentially be used down the line
"Thou shalt see...Knight Artoriascame to stopthe Abyss,but such a hero has nary a murmur ofDark.Without doubt he will be swallowed bythe Abyss,overcome by its utterblackness
Bach

Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:30 am

I thought so. I guess it can't be helped, since I agree with you in that regard. I'll continue making 3D models and share them here from time to time.

I also wanted to talk you about the beginning of the game. Is it ok if I sent you a PM? We could also talk here in this thread.
Grimm
Level 5 Personnel

Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:43 pm

Bach wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:30 am
I thought so. I guess it can't be helped, since I agree with you in that regard. I'll continue making 3D models and share them here from time to time.

I also wanted to talk you about the beginning of the game. Is it ok if I sent you a PM? We could also talk here in this thread.
Either is fine. We do have a plan for the intro tho, and if I explain it in public then it gives less of a reason for people to ask again. I am curious to hear your thoughts on it, however.
Bach

Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:52 pm

Well, since this is supposed to be a remake of Containment Breach (as it was presented that way) I guess the intro will retain the style of the original game: The player walking through the facility in an "exhibition" scene, showing how the staff works in the foundation daily and how everything operates under normal conditions, that until the player arrives at SCP-173's containment chamber.

Now, the problem with this scene in the original game is that the layout of the facility makes zero sense. The D-class personnel cells are just next to the cargo station, which is next to the offices, which are next SCP-173's containment chamber. This was fixed in a mod for Mirror's Edge called Mirror's Edge: Containment Breach (now cancelled). There was a video showing this but the author of the mod turned the video private and never made it public again even though I tried to contact him several times.

Anyway, in the video there's the player in their cell until a guard comes to pick them up, just like in the original. The first difference is the replacement of the corridor for a large multi-storey room, full of D-class cells. The guards take you to a big elevator similar to this one and go down a few floors. The player arrives at SCP-173's containment chamber, though it's much bigger than in the original game: First, the roof of the room is at least 10 times taller (like this) than in the original game, and there's this big space (around 20 meters long, 10 meters wide) that connects to the containment chamber. On each side of the big space there's a corridor at least 5 meters high, there are some scientists and guards watching. Then the player approaches the gates (which are at least 3 times taller). There are 3 of them, very similar to the proposal of this document. They open one by one and the player approaches SCP-173. SCP-173's containment chamber is much bigger too. The 3 doors try to close but they get stuck and an error sound is heard, that's when the containment breach happens.

To be honest, watching this would have been much better than describing it since you could have appreciated the details that this mod had like:

- The 80's feeling of the whole architecture and structure. You could teel that the foundation was built several years ago. The buttons of the doors where pretty old too, similar to this.
- The doors of the facility being open at the beginning but closed when the containment breach happens since it's an emergency mechanism.
- How immense the facility is, comparable to the likes of Black Mesa.

Of course there were also smaller room and corridors. For example, SCP-012's containment chamber is almost the same of the original game. The only change is that the stairway was replaced by an elevator, and the space is somewhat more open.

That's what I wanted to say. Thoughts?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic