Something isn't right....

General SCP Unity related discussions and topics. Anything related to the game is allowed to be posted.
Weatherdude

Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:05 pm

Isn't the facility supposed to be underground because of 106? Maybe then heavy containment can be below, and there could be stairs. After all, that one razor moth thing is in a cave, but isn't that above the Light containment zone?
Attachments
carousel_lighting.png
There better be all types of SAUCE in the site cafeteria...
Grimm
Level 5 Personnel

Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:25 pm

The facility is mostly underground, yes. But ground isn’t the flattest thing on the planet, so we imagine the upper-most containment zone is semi-submerged in the earth.

As for it being underground because of 106. I don’t really understand where you got that information. I imagine it’s buried in the ground simply because it’s more secure than a facility entirely on land.
"Thou shalt see...Knight Artoriascame to stopthe Abyss,but such a hero has nary a murmur ofDark.Without doubt he will be swallowed bythe Abyss,overcome by its utterblackness
jaden841

Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:14 am

Yea having a partially emerged part seems really cool and realistic. Plus I don't remember anything in SCP-106's containment procedures that say it needs to be in a completely submerged facility.
mhanuszh

Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:52 pm

Who cares? It's looks cool! :D
We can find explanation later, for example its just a fake window and it's just creates the illusion of "freedom", so the people are less likely to suffer psychological damage from the fact that they are beneath the whole world, locked in with the most dangerous entities in the solar system

...and if we can't find and explanation, then we will call it an SCP :P
Weatherdude

Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:59 am

Wanktacular
Zornor90

Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:20 pm

Our facility will in no way resemble the original game's when we're done. Lots of zones planned, encounters, etc
Fried_Circuit

Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:52 pm

Zornor90 wrote:
Our facility will in no way resemble the original game's when we're done. Lots of zones planned, encounters, etc
So that being said It will be mostly dark and minimal lighting like in most of the videos correct? To me the original was always about feeling claustrophobic, uneasy closed off from the rest of the world and not knowing if you would see the outside world again. I don't mind the skylight windows in the upper floors at all, I just hope that it's not like that in many places.
Weatherdude

Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:33 pm

Fried_Circuit wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:52 pm
Zornor90 wrote:
So that being said It will be mostly dark and minimal lighting like in most of the videos correct? To me the original was always about feeling claustrophobic, uneasy closed off from the rest of the world and not knowing if you would see the outside world again. I don't mind the skylight windows in the upper floors at all, I just hope that it's not like that in many places.
I agree with you. The claustrophobic feeling was a nice part of the game. And the minimal lighting is also nice. I think some rooms should be completely dark because you never know whats in it. And there could be a flashlight mechanic in the game, requiring batteries that are somewhat hard to find, but I guess that would just take out the purpose of night vision goggles. Maybe the goggles could be harder to find.
Anyways I just think some of the rooms should be completely dark because 079 took control of the facility's systems. If you are generally keeping some of the original game's lore.
Zornor90

Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:39 pm

Some rooms will be very dark. Not every area will be claustrophobic, it will depend on the zone you're in
Bach

Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:55 pm

I'm not really sure about that, this is the SCP Foundation we're talking about. Why wouldn't they have emergency lights for cases like this? A foundation with such resources like SCP wouldn't overlook such a basic safety protocol.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic