Suggestions to give this game a scarier vibe.

General SCP Unity related discussions and topics. Anything related to the game is allowed to be posted.
SkShark

Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:56 am

There should be more camera fog and a view distance, like in the original game. Make the textures more gritty and dark. Also give the camera view a slight bob when your walking like in scp:cb
ThatMartinGuy

Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:48 pm

The game does contain head bobbing in the weekly! Will likely be added next version.
Spoiler:
My avatar is not me
GIF_iso

Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:47 am

SkShark wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:56 am
There should be more camera fog and a view distance, like in the original game. Make the textures more gritty and dark. Also give the camera view a slight bob when your walking like in scp:cb
The developers themselves stated, that they're producing their own game with their own ideas, being only on the basic of levels based on the OG game.This means, that such changes in art style, visual design and aesthetics is an entirely a deliberate decision made by the devs of the Remake.
Tho' I would agree, that, since they haven't changed the genre of this game, locations could've been and I would say should be made darker (not saying entirely dark in all areas, but) and the lighting more "weak". No matter how cheap this tactic is, it helps to set up the mood and tone of any horror game very effectively. But your suggestion for switching the art style back to what it was - no, if they're going for more technological and advanced Foundation, that means they're doing it for a reason, even IF the reason is just to make the game more different than the OG game

Also, HI Officer!
"Unexplained disturbances are most troubling"
Zornor90

Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:31 pm

We won't be making the game like the original. However, keep in mind that we will have multiple zones, each with their own aesthetic. So Light Containment Zone will not be as dark as Heavy Containment Zone
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic