Question on how rooms will work

Modding (When available) related posts and projects for SCP Unity.
yellowhello

Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:04 pm

So I recently watched the progress video uploaded last week and I have some questions about modding. Progress video I watched-> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_alQTSpvdg
In the video the new item adding feature was showed off (which is nice for speeding up adding items, thanks) but I am wondering how rooms are going to work. In the original scp containment breach adding rooms was a tedious and time consuming thing to do, I am wondering if rooms are going to be streamlined like items.

Also is it possible we can get some things to base the size of objects and doors for when we are modeling rooms. I have been working on some basic rooms for ideas but I have had to guess the size of doorways and height of the player. I later ripped some assets from the game (sorry) to base things off of better.
Been keeping on eye on this game since the original video a year ago, I'm happy to see it's coming along well.

tldr: can we get info on how rooms and objects will work when modding.

Work in progress rooms put into unity

Assets ripped from Scp
░W░h░e░r░e░ ░t░h░e░ ░f░u░c░k░ ░I░ ░a░m░
Grimm
Level 5 Personnel

Tue May 01, 2018 6:15 pm

We will eventually have a very easy method of adding rooms, but for now I’m afraid we can’t release any specs to you at this time. I can say, however, that all the rooms are at 1:1 scale in game, so if you can somehow pull the models you can figure out the specs rather easily
"Thou shalt see...Knight Artoriascame to stopthe Abyss,but such a hero has nary a murmur ofDark.Without doubt he will be swallowed bythe Abyss,overcome by its utterblackness
yellowhello

Tue May 01, 2018 8:05 pm

Zackonark wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 6:15 pm
We will eventually have a very easy method of adding rooms, but for now I’m afraid we can’t release any specs to you at this time. I can say, however, that all the rooms are at 1:1 scale in game, so if you can somehow pull the models you can figure out the specs rather easily
Alright, thank you for the response. I'll use the doors as a reference in the meantime.
░W░h░e░r░e░ ░t░h░e░ ░f░u░c░k░ ░I░ ░a░m░
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic