So is the newest build supposed to be a downgrade or are these just really bad bugs? ( I fixed the image links )

Have any suggestions? Voice your ideas here!
User avatar
Grimm
Level 5 Personnel
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:15 pm

Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:33 am

I would love to see this link as well.

My rooms aren’t going away, ever, and they’re getting better with each room I make. You don’t have to like them, we’re not saying that you do. We’re only saying that we believe them to be better (which they kind of are objectively) and that we’re a different game from OG. How we build our game is our business. If you don’t like that then I honestly don’t know what to tell you. Fact of the matter is you are one man out of hundreds/thousands of people who like the new aestetic. So who are we to believe?
"Thou shalt see...Knight Artoriascame to stopthe Abyss,but such a hero has nary a murmur ofDark.Without doubt he will be swallowed bythe Abyss,overcome by its utterblackness
User avatar
Zero551
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:44 am

Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:52 am

Arc wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:04 am
I think the game looks a whole lot better, the devs think so, the testers think so,
Whoa, you mean people who have put time and/or money into the game think everything looks perfect? No bias here at all lmao. You really need a better sample size then surrounding yourself with yes-men in a hugbox, otherwise you won't get anywhere and feedback becomes pointless. Sounds harsh, but its fact.
Arc wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:04 am
Also we are our own game so once again we are not required to incorporate any sort of nod to OG what so ever. Just like FPS shooter games aren't required to include nods to COD. Just because OG was the first title in the SCP videogame universe, doesn't mean every game should revolve around it
You're right you don't have too, like I said in my post it's fanservice and shows respect to where it was influenced from. Also, this isn't anything like CoD or other AAA stuff, it's a small indie game based off another small indie game so I don't know where you were trying to go with that. Hell, even some AAA will do nods to the older stuff come to think of it. Again, don't have to, just would be nice.
Arc wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:04 am
Just because OG was the first title in the SCP videogame universe, doesn't mean every game should revolve around it. In fact, it shouldn't as every SCP should incorporate their own direction and work to expand upon the universe instead of being tired down to the past of an old, outdated game like OG.
It's funny you keep pushing the " this is an ALL new game, go play the OG if you don't like it. " and trashing the OG by calling it outdated and using the same old tired stuff. So explain why this game is using the same old tired SCP's like 173, 106, and etc? I mean afterall, like you said this is a NEW game, right? No need for that outdated trash. This game is it's own thing! You see how silly that sounds? New and old can exist within the same game
Zornor90 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:44 am
Mind posting a link to that poll?
I sent you the link. It's sad that you think I'm just making this up, I have no reason to lie. Look, I know I'm coming off as an asshole who hates the game but that's not true, it's the opposite in fact. I love this game and want to see it be the best it can possibly be. This new look, however just felt like a step backwards to me.
Grimm wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:33 am
I would love to see this link as well.
Sent it to Zornor. Like I said to him, I have no reason to lie. I genuinely want this game to be the best it can be
Grimm wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:33 am
Fact of the matter is you are one man out of hundreds/thousands of people who like the new aesthetic. So who are we to believe?
I'm sure all those people are completely unbiased too, no time/money invested into the project at all lol. People in general are not going hurt your feelings and are going to agree with you. Also, it wasn't " just one man out of a hundred " The poll showed quite a few who felt the same way. As I said above you really need to get better sample sizes when getting feedback instead of a hugbox. The difference between your so called "thousands" and my results was the fact they had no personal attachment to the game and could take the step back to look at things objectively.

Nobody wants to hear that something they've worked hard on isn't up to snuff, it sucks, I get that. However, it's necessary to take criticism so you can continue to improve and make awesome stuff.

I tell you what you need to hear, not what you want to hear.
User avatar
Zornor90
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:48 pm

Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:11 am

Thanks for sending the poll link.

While I agree that constructive criticism is important, and it's always good to get a second opinion, you're acting like an asshole. Keep the discussion on topic rather than attacking people for having a different opinion, or the discussion will get locked. Truth is, you are just as biased as the people you're claiming to live in a 'hugbox' (because everyone is 'biased', or has an opinion rather, so calling someone out as biased isn't a good argument), and you aren't the savior of scp, no one asked for your opinion so being a dick about it when people disagree isn't going to accomplish anything. If you're really trying to help the game succeed rather than flex your epeen, try to be more respectful of the people who have put tons of time and money into the game.

Back on topic... In my opinion, the graphics overall are a major improvement. It's possible to cherry pick images to prove a point. Perhaps certain things don't look as good, but at the same time, I can post dozens of screenshots showing how much better other parts of 0.6 look. So no, the graphics did not get a downgrade overall. You'd probably have gotten a better response had you said, 'Some parts of 0.6 don't look as good to me because reasons' rather than starting with the hyperbolic "was the newest build supposed to be a downgrade" when it's obviously not
User avatar
GIF_iso
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:36 am

Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:16 am

Zero551 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:52 am
You really need a better sample size then surrounding yourself with yes-men in a hugbox
Zero551 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:52 am
People in general are not going hurt your feelings and are going to agree with you.
Now that's a bit rude, don't you think? Have you ever been on the, let's say, official Discord for more than 5 minutes? With what can you back up your claim that the devs surrounded themselvs with so called "yes-man" in a "hugbox"? Many of us who praise or at least like the new aesthetic, art-style and "even" lighting do point out things that are wrong or what we didn't like, but I guess who cares, if someone disagrees with your opinion and actually likes the changes in the looks, then they are these "yes-man" who always agrees with everything no matter what they actually say, seems fair.
You could have also said, that people in general are just too afraid to criticize the devs and stuff like that, seems fitting to the tone you were going with, don't you agree?
Zero551 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:52 am
they had no personal attachment to the game
Now hold on here, what do you mean by that, I'm really curious.
"Unexplained disturbances are most troubling"
User avatar
Zero551
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:44 am

Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:04 pm

Zornor90 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:11 am
you're acting like an asshole. Keep the discussion on topic rather than attacking people for having a different opinion,
So being called a liar whos using fake pics, settings or whatever isn't attacking someone because they have a different opinion? Sure seems like it to me. You and Grimm asking for the link as if I have something to gain from lying about all of this.
Zornor90 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:11 am
If you're really trying to help the game succeed rather than flex your epeen
Disagreeing with choices you've made isn't " flexing an epeen " Saying " You're delusional to think the old one looks better, we have hundreds and thousands who all agree the new one is better " However, is flexing.
Zornor90 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:11 am
You'd probably have gotten a better response had you said, 'Some parts of 0.6 don't look as good to me because reasons' rather than starting with the hyperbolic "was the newest build supposed to be a downgrade" when it's obviously not
That's what it felt like to me. Actually, I honestly thought it was some kind of weird bug where textures weren't loading or lights not working properly. Then I considered what if it actually was a downgrade because something new broke the build and you had to dial it down to fix stuff.
GIF_iso wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:16 am
Now that's a bit rude, don't you think?
Rude is being called a liar when I have nothing to gain from it. Also, being treated like my claims are ridiculous when I have proof to back them up. As for " people not criticizing for feeling's sake " That can absolutely be a factor.
User avatar
Zornor90
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:48 pm

Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:22 pm

Alright I am locking the topic because it's going nowhere, feel free to open another one if you want to suggest improvements to the lighting system. Be warned that if you continue to behave this way it will likely end up the same way.
Locked Previous topicNext topic