Got any Suggestions?

Have any suggestions? Voice your ideas here!
Grimm
Level 5 Personnel

Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:45 pm

We’re not thinking that at all.

Also.
nametothemax wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:55 pm
no hud
Your thread was already locked by the project lead for this very reason. Simply repeating yourself doesn’t help your case in the slightest.
"Thou shalt see...Knight Artoriascame to stopthe Abyss,but such a hero has nary a murmur ofDark.Without doubt he will be swallowed bythe Abyss,overcome by its utterblackness
jayden10227

Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:26 am

Can we add a Console with commands such as notarget?
jayden10227

Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:28 am

also a "Before the Breach" add on or mod or something like that
Grimm
Level 5 Personnel

Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:59 am

there already is a console
"Thou shalt see...Knight Artoriascame to stopthe Abyss,but such a hero has nary a murmur ofDark.Without doubt he will be swallowed bythe Abyss,overcome by its utterblackness
PapaCthulhu

Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:31 am

I feel like 106 spawns too often. Would it be possible to slightly reduce his spawn rate.
untransparent

Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:17 pm

PapaCthulhu wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:31 am
I feel like 106 spawns too often. Would it be possible to slightly reduce his spawn rate.
No, he doesn't. If he does for your tastes, then just use disable106. As of right now, he spawns enough to make the game actually challenging rather than a walking simulator.
Giapet wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 6:23 pm
This game needs better optimization, my computer can run like shit when the graphics are too high-def. I played this on the lowest graphical setting, and the game was unplayable, it was at like 1 fps. It was absolutely horrendous, please try and make the game more optimized for other computers.
My computer uses graphics settings that would have been great in 2013, and it runs perfectly fine. What are your specs? If you don't have a GPU, that explains why you can't run it. The game is specially designed for lower performance computers.
jayden10227 wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:28 am
also a "Before the Breach" add on or mod or something like that
What would you even do in a mod like that? Does it just reset the facility to normal and it's a walking simulator? Sounds kinda boring imo
sl0wg0ld

Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:20 pm

Hello,

This may be an unpopular idea but I'll throw it out there for the sake of diversity, and maybe someone will be inspired in some way.
Also I may be putting this in the wrong place so please forgive me, I'm new to the forum.

I was reading about SCP 2806, those prosthetics from Anderson robotics, and I had an idea.
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-2806
If the player, during the course of SCP CB Unity remake, were to discover the prosthetic arms, they would seem like just another wacky item in containment.
If the player collects the arms and takes them with them, they might be useful later.

Spoiler warning for SCP 330 I guess...
If the player had those prosthetic arms with them, and approached SCP 330, the Candy bowl with the "Take two please" sign, things might get interesting.
Imagine if the player takes more than 2 candies, their hands are instantly severed. IF the player then used the SCP 2806 prosthetic arms, they could replace their human hands, which now sit useless on the floor, with Anderson Robotics prosthetic ones.

If this doesn't already seem far-fetched, then let me suggest ways to implement the anomalous effects of the prosthetic arms.
For example, 2806-1 is an arm and hand which "When clenched, SCP-2806-1 delivers a constant force of 2000N to any object held".
This could be used by the player to squeeze something important or apply a force the normal hand cannot. (allowing player access to an area they couldn't go to before.)
2806-4 is an arm which "maintains a continuous temperature of 50 C."
This could be implemented to heat or melt something, like an object or even a door, opening access to a new area.
The cost of the player choosing this path, if they even know to get the arms and then go eat 3 pieces of candy, would be obvious in the inherent properties of the arm.
Taking care not to squish their keycards or other important items, they would have to avoid using the 2 Kilonewton hand on important stuff.
Likewise with the really hot hand, don't grab stuff that you don't want to melt.
This is obviously more implementable with individual hand use, which I don't recall this game having (yet).
However, I am just throwing this random idea I got out there as an inspiration or whatever.
If you don't like it then just forget you took the time to read my suggestion and move on.
Maybe someone will write a web-comic or something about a containment breach where a B Class scientist uses these arms to escape a breach. Who knows.
If you like my idea then great and if not then have a nice day.

Cheers.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic