Got any Suggestions?

Have any suggestions? Voice your ideas here!
Grimm
Level 5 Personnel

Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:25 pm

We’re trying to avoid duplicate scp’s as it takes away from the uniqueness of all dittos that are included. So since 505 is largely under consideration, we decided that 009 shouldn’t be added as well.
"Thou shalt see...Knight Artoriascame to stopthe Abyss,but such a hero has nary a murmur ofDark.Without doubt he will be swallowed bythe Abyss,overcome by its utterblackness
moose

Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:00 pm

The word "personnel" is misspelled on many of the doors. I thought at some point it would be fixed, but no one anywhere seems to be noticing.

If this post is seen, thank you for considering it.
Gecero

Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:19 am

Can you try to use this in your next version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owZneI02YOU it's a tutorial to get good graphics in unity
Last edited by Gecero on Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
:ugeek:
Zornor90

Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:28 pm

VsWhiz wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:38 am
I recently came across the Unity remake of this gem of a game. I realIy loved it, but I noticed some aspects which I did not quite like. I understand that this is a remake with a better engine and better graphics, but the effects appear slightly overdone, I mean that in my opinion, the particles, the glow, and the other effects are a little too exaggerated. I think that it will be better with the flashiness toned down by a bit.
The next constructive criticism is that the room designs and electronic items look very 'sci-fi' ish, showy and colourful. For example, the door button/console could look more convincing, realistic and would compliment the original better, if it it had a button, LCD screen, and some retro details and less of glowy colorful effects. In the original game, there were white tiles, walls, vents and other features in the rooms that made it look like a proper containment laboratory/ facility. However in the remake, some of the rooms (like the one the player spawns in) with the yellow and black walls with the 'theatrical' light beams and other such things make it look like a sci fi movie set and less of a research facility (I'm not sure what term to use, but you get the idea.). Another example is the stairway with the trusses.
I also suggest that before adding odd SCPs like the 'candy' SCP, it would be better, in my opinion, to add some of the initial SCPs from the original game and then figure out what to add next.
I hope this project continues and ends up making something better than the original. So far, that's all I have, but if something else pops up in my mind, I'll type that too.
Unlike the original game, our facility wasn't built in the 1950s in an abandoned warehouse.
JASPER1O6

Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:44 pm

I was thinking a while ago, and I thought it would be a cool idea to do a Friday the 13th "Virtual Cabin" thing for the SCPs.

Good idea?

- Jasper
THE SITE IS EXPERIENCING MULTIPLE KETER AND EUCLID CONTAINMENT BREACHES. FULL SITE LOCKDOWN INITIATED.
Squidler

Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:04 pm

Add a way to defend yourself when you find MTF
Cancer2
This_guy

Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:02 am

Someone should redo SCP-079's face (also animate).
woodmr13

Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:08 pm

VsWhiz wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:38 am
I recently came across the Unity remake of this gem of a game. I realIy loved it, but I noticed some aspects which I did not quite like. I understand that this is a remake with a better engine and better graphics, but the effects appear slightly overdone, I mean that in my opinion, the particles, the glow, and the other effects are a little too exaggerated. I think that it will be better with the flashiness toned down by a bit.
The next constructive criticism is that the room designs and electronic items look very 'sci-fi' ish, showy and colourful. For example, the door button/console could look more convincing, realistic and would compliment the original better, if it it had a button, LCD screen, and some retro details and less of glowy colorful effects. In the original game, there were white tiles, walls, vents and other features in the rooms that made it look like a proper containment laboratory/ facility. However in the remake, some of the rooms (like the one the player spawns in) with the yellow and black walls with the 'theatrical' light beams and other such things make it look like a sci fi movie set and less of a research facility (I'm not sure what term to use, but you get the idea.). Another example is the stairway with the trusses.
I also suggest that before adding odd SCPs like the 'candy' SCP, it would be better, in my opinion, to add some of the initial SCPs from the original game and then figure out what to add next.
I hope this project continues and ends up making something better than the original. So far, that's all I have, but if something else pops up in my mind, I'll type that too.
I agree with your point about one of the effects; The dust particles floating around (or whatever they are) tend to make my game lag quite a bit. I hope they either remove those or add the option to disable them.
Weatherdude

Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:34 am

I think the dust particles are just unnecessary, it doesn't really add to the feel of the game, it just causes lag.
There better be all types of SAUCE in the site cafeteria...
4_64M3R_80Y

Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:22 am

taz19288 wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:08 am
Can it get like a 4 person multiplayer or atleast 2? Like a co-op survival kind of thing?
I have a better idea... open world multiplayer, let me explain:
1. each spawn in a random D class containment room/area (Optional: depends on if you randomly spawn as MTF or D class).
2. game is not paused when UI/pause menu is put up (downside)
3. public games feature larger facility based on # of joined players (I.E. 3x bigger for 6 players, 6x for 12 (Max?) players, no increase for co-op)
4. "search" section to scan through list based on search parameters (I.E. max size, private/public, room name, ETC.) and join the game you like
5. no chat unless you and another player have a radio (text chat on radio channel 0), and/or you can implement an intercom to shout message to all players (they cannot shout back) and can chat if at a certain range (like a chat box above their head that disappears if too far away or after a certain time).
6. passwords or invite request for joining private games, kicking from lobby in public games.

i hope this helped. (I also hope it isn't too hard to do...)
Last edited by 4_64M3R_80Y on Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
69Memes420=
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic